Dogs Best Friend
Dog Behavioural & Training Blog/Tips
- Leadership and Dominance in Dog Training
- Guy Fawkes and similar stressors for dogs
- Separation Anxiety
- 'Walking the Dog' and all associated...
- Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
- Preventing 'Fixation'/'Obsession'
- With Cats...
- General Training
- 'Obedience' Type Command Instruction
- Safety Around Dogs
- A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist
- Entertainment for your dog
- The problem with gadgets in effective dog training
- Stress in Dogs
- Reactionary Behaviour
- Embarrassing antics our dogs get up to...
- 'Tis the Season'
- Visitors and your Dog
- Cars/Vehicles and your Dog
- Why does my dog?
- Dogs Taking/Collecting Items
Dog Parks —
Importantly, the dog park is not the place to socialize puppies (from an intensity and a potential disease risk perspective). Senior dogs too may find dog parks overwhelming. Pay attention to your dog’s cues about this experience. [Read More…]
How does this Dog Behavioural Consultant feed her dogs?
We split our dogs daily feed portion up and alternate between all of the below methods for feeding – variety is the spice of life. [Read More…]
Do you want dogs to like you?
You know those people, the ones that don’t seem to give a bar about dogs but dogs fawn all over them.
There’s definitely something to it. [Read More…]
Your pack includes all dogs residing and interacting on the property (for example a flatting situation and dogs are interacting this way).
There is the potential for problems if there are different rules and boundaries for one dog - they may be allowed inside for example and another is not.
You can have a real impact on the social dynamic of the entire pack, with how you are interacting with all individually, Selina McIntyre, Dog Behavioural Consultant & Dog Trainer, Dogs Best Friend.
Admin - 07:39:12 @ Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
Stop the Press! Your dog does not have to be ‘friends’ with every dog or person they meet on a walk.
Think of it this way, do you stop and chat to everybody you meet as you walk down the street, I think not. [Read More…]
Admin - 06:43:23 @ Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
© Dogs Best Friend Limited 2020.
dog trainer operating in the Hamilton, Waikato and Tauranga area's of New Zealand
dog behaviourist / dog behaviour specialist