Dogs Best Friend
Dog Behavioural & Training Blog/Tips
Last 5 entries
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Dogs with a fixation on cats.
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Your dog being friends with every dog they meet?
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. The safety of children around dogs.
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Mouthing and Nipping in Puppies!
- Dog Behaviour. Dogs performing the 'fake' yawn.
- Leadership and Dominance in Dog Training
- Guy Fawkes and similar stressors for dogs
- Separation Anxiety
- 'Walking the Dog' and all associated...
- Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
- Preventing 'Fixation'/'Obsession'
- With Cats...
- General Training
- 'Obedience' Type Command Instruction
- Safety Around Dogs
- A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist
- Entertainment for your dog
- The problem with gadgets in effective dog training
- Stress in Dogs
- Reactionary Behaviour
- Embarrassing antics our dogs get up to...
- 'Tis the Season'
- Visitors and your Dog
- Cars/Vehicles and your Dog
- Why does my dog?
- Dogs Taking/Collecting Items
A reoccurring point keeps coming to my attention. I have been getting alot of clients lately that have used ‘dog trainers’ and their recommendations - I use this term loosely as no qualification is required for this proclamation- and their dogs are very much still exhibiting the same behaviours (and sometimes bonus ‘negatives’ thrown in) for what they sought help for originally. Dogs Best Friend will always take the time to get to the route of the problem, not simply advise tips and training ‘tricks’ for individual behaviours. [Read More…]
Admin - 18:56:33 @ A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist | Add a comment
I believe in dealing with ‘behavioural issues’ where they are actually occuring- for a better representation of the situation. Hence I both assess and we undertake our training in your home environment (as well as some time spent at a nearby park etc.), Selina.
Dogs Best Friend. Dog Behavioural Consultancy.
Admin - 18:51:13 @ A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist | Add a comment
A problem can arise when you are facing a trying behavioural situation and you hire a Dog Behavioural Consultant as part of an ‘attempt to prove your points’ around training your dog to your ’significant other’.
A good Consultant will not tell you what you want to hear but what you NEED to hear. Cue potential conflict… [Read More…]
Admin - 18:42:06 @ A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist | Add a comment
© Dogs Best Friend Limited 2020.
dog trainer operating in the Hamilton, Waikato and Tauranga area's of New Zealand
dog behaviourist / dog behaviour specialist