Dogs Best Friend
Dog Behavioural & Training Blog/Tips
Last 5 entries
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Dogs with a fixation on cats.
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Your dog being friends with every dog they meet?
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. The safety of children around dogs.
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Mouthing and Nipping in Puppies!
- Dog Behaviour. Dogs performing the 'fake' yawn.
- Leadership and Dominance in Dog Training
- Guy Fawkes and similar stressors for dogs
- Separation Anxiety
- 'Walking the Dog' and all associated...
- Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
- Preventing 'Fixation'/'Obsession'
- With Cats...
- General Training
- 'Obedience' Type Command Instruction
- Safety Around Dogs
- A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist
- Entertainment for your dog
- The problem with gadgets in effective dog training
- Stress in Dogs
- Reactionary Behaviour
- Embarrassing antics our dogs get up to...
- 'Tis the Season'
- Visitors and your Dog
- Cars/Vehicles and your Dog
- Why does my dog?
- Dogs Taking/Collecting Items
The Walk -
The walk is the best form of mental stimulation!
Pent up energy of mental or physical forms has been linked to tension and anxiety.
There is more stimulation (different sights, smells etc.) when you break up the day with two walks and this also burns more energy than a single big, less intense one. [Read More…]
Oh the chase!
With cars -
It can be unfortunate that cars ‘run away’ swiftly and allow the perfect chance for a good fast chase for your dog!
Chasing can become quite the obsession - think cats, fixation on torch lights etc. [Read More…]
Preventing ‘Fixation’- That ‘glazed over look your dog may get - seemingly obsessed with something.’
‘A possible outcome for a dog’s unreleased energy (either mental or physical) is the dog becoming fixated on or obsessed with something..’
Did you know ‘Fixation’ has not been recorded in wild canines? Interesting huh?
I believe for this problem scenario you really want to get in and catch your dog before they have ‘entered the zone’ and their brain is flooded with adrenaline. [Read More…]
© Dogs Best Friend Limited 2020.
dog trainer operating in the Hamilton, Waikato and Tauranga area's of New Zealand
dog behaviourist / dog behaviour specialist