Dogs Best Friend
Dog Behavioural & Training Blog/Tips
Last 5 entries
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Dogs with a fixation on cats.
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Your dog being friends with every dog they meet?
- Dog Behaviour. Dog Training. The safety of children around dogs.
- Dog Training. Dog Behaviour. Mouthing and Nipping in Puppies!
- Dog Behaviour. Dogs performing the 'fake' yawn.
- Leadership and Dominance in Dog Training
- Guy Fawkes and similar stressors for dogs
- Separation Anxiety
- 'Walking the Dog' and all associated...
- Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
- Preventing 'Fixation'/'Obsession'
- With Cats...
- General Training
- 'Obedience' Type Command Instruction
- Safety Around Dogs
- A Good Dog Behavioural Consultant/Dog Behaviourist
- Entertainment for your dog
- The problem with gadgets in effective dog training
- Stress in Dogs
- Reactionary Behaviour
- Embarrassing antics our dogs get up to...
- 'Tis the Season'
- Visitors and your Dog
- Cars/Vehicles and your Dog
- Why does my dog?
- Dogs Taking/Collecting Items
With more dogs being out and about in this Spring weather, I thought I’d just say, “Your dog does not need to be a ‘Social Butterfly.’”
We/Society seem to expect our dogs to be ’sociable’
with all other dogs but you can simply smile at the other owner and walk on by 🙂
Do you yourself stop and shake hands with everyone you meet on the street?
Selina McIntyre, Dog Behavioural Consultant, Dogs Best Friend.
Admin - 07:03:02 @ Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
Dog Parks —
Importantly, the dog park is not the place to socialize puppies (from an intensity and a potential disease risk perspective). Senior dogs too may find dog parks overwhelming. Pay attention to your dog’s cues about this experience. [Read More…]
How does this Dog Behavioural Consultant feed her dogs?
We split our dogs daily feed portion up and alternate between all of the below methods for feeding – variety is the spice of life. [Read More…]
Do you want dogs to like you?
You know those people, the ones that don’t seem to give a bar about dogs but dogs fawn all over them.
There’s definitely something to it. [Read More…]
Your pack includes all dogs residing and interacting on the property (for example a flatting situation and dogs are interacting this way).
There is the potential for problems if there are different rules and boundaries for one dog - they may be allowed inside for example and another is not.
You can have a real impact on the social dynamic of the entire pack, with how you are interacting with all individually, Selina McIntyre, Dog Behavioural Consultant & Dog Trainer, Dogs Best Friend.
Admin - 07:39:12 @ Dog 'Ownership' Helpful Tips
© Dogs Best Friend Limited 2020.
dog trainer operating in the Hamilton, Waikato and Tauranga area's of New Zealand
dog behaviourist / dog behaviour specialist